Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not so proud of these non-skills...

A couple years ago I had a brilliant idea to become a semi-pro poker player to help pay for school. So I invested some money in my skills and ventured into the online gaming world. So maybe the idea wasn’t all that brilliant and my poker skills aren’t really skills at all. It took me only a couple weeks to be down $500 and six months to win it back. After I got most of it back I cashed out, left the gaming world, and never looked back. Though the real money aspect of online gaming isn’t appealing to me anymore (quite scary actually), I sometimes get an itch for the gameplay. Therefore, since May 2008 I’ve been a member of Facebook’s Texas Hold ‘Em Poker application. The money is fake and the games aren’t always exciting, but it does the job of giving me my poker/gaming/competition fix. I play a few times a week, usually to relax a bit or while I’m watching a game or even reading a book, but to be honest I don’t even know if I really enjoy it. Weird. I guess we all have the thing(s) we do to help us through the daily grind.

P.S. There’s something depressing about being a multi-millionaire on Facebook poker. =/

No comments: